Now it is all about “buying” not “selling”.
It is transforming the way businesses operate, the way employees are managed, how products are designed and sold and the way customers are treated. Customer Experience is the heart and soul of your competitive edge and your long term growth and wealth creation
Customer Experience is not an optional “add on” to your business any more. You can no longer ignore, pay lip service to it, treat it as something you will get around to when you have time, or assume your customers are happy and satisfied. It is a non negotiable essential
Consider the following results from a survey of SME’s about their focus for the next few years – these are likely your competitors.
- 90% say experience is critical to future plans, profitability & growth.
- 77% will focus on gaining new customers
- 80% will use experience to differentiate themselves.
- 70% will focus on retaining existing customers
- 76% will focus on getting “good” staff to achieve this.
Your customers are continually reassessing where they spend their money.
Your best customers and employees will likely be on your competitors radar!
You can no longer ignore your customers experience – Your competitors will be working hard on improving their customers experience to keep and attract the best customers, employees and referrals, so doesn’t it make sense to concentrate the bulk of your time, energy, resources and budget on the one thing that accounts for over 50-80% of your profit and ultimate success.
Your customers! and remember your employees are customers as well!
Don’t let your competitors determine how well your business does! – It’s not just about being good at these things – it’s about being better than your competitors.
Question: Like most businesses you will likely have plans, and budget allocations, for the following:
• Strategic • Business • Marketing • Profit Budget • Capital Expenditure • IT & HR
But do you have plans and budget allocations for the following:
• Culture • Brand • Employee Engagement • Customer Experience Improvement • Employee Pathways
Scary given that the later are equally important areas of your business.