The following list of employee engagement and profit statistics highlight just how you can improve your business by having more engaged employees.
Employee Engagement and Profit Stats for New Zealand Businesses
- Businesses with high levels of engaged employees grow profits as much as 3 times faster than their competitors, have 2 times higher productivity and 50% lower staff turnover
- Businesses with high levels of employee engagement reported a same-year operating margin nearly 3 times higher than companies with low levels of engagement.
- More than 65% of the bottom-line that a business can control is derived directly from employees engagement.
- Engaged employees add to the bottom line, neutral or not engaged don’t add anything to the bottom line and the actively disengaged deduct from the bottom line.
- Engaged employees are 12% more productive than the average worker, and dis engaged workers are 10% less productive than the average worker.
- Businesses with engaged employees outperformed their competitors by up to 20% and returned results well above industry benchmarks.
- Businesses with high-levels of employee engagement had operating income 19% higher than the average, while those with low levels of engagement had operating income 33% lower than the average.
- A “totally satisfied customer” contributes 6 times more revenue as a “somewhat satisfied customer,”
- It costs 6–7 times more to acquire a new customer than retain an existing one.
- Reducing your customer defection rate by 5% can increase profitability by 25 to 125%.
- Reducing your customer defection rate by 2% has the same effect as decreasing costs by 10%
- Businesses with highly engaged employees saw net income grow by 13.7%, whereas those with low levels of engagement fell by 3.8%.