- Companies that increase their number of talented managers and double the rate of engaged employees achieve, on average, 147% higher earnings per share than their competition.
- Businesses that have over 50% high employee engagement retain over 80% of their customers.
- Businesses with engaged employees outperform those without by up to 202%.
In businesses where:
- 60-70% of employees were engaged, their average shareholder’s return was 24.2%.
- 49-60% of engaged employees shareholder’s return fell to 9.1%.
- 25% or less of engaged employees suffered negative shareholder’s returns.
Businesses with high-levels of employee engagement had a 28% increase in earnings growth compared to businesses with low levels of engagement who had a11 % decrease in earnings growth.
Businesses with highly engaged employees experienced a 13% higher total return to shareholders over the last five years.